Sunday, October 14, 2012

DIY project: japanese inspired floral print

Bright colors and flowers for the winter? My answer is yes, definitely. I think we've had enough grayscales on our Fall/Winter clothes. As I said in my last post, I'm so glad to see that we're all leaving behind some ideas such as "intense colors are just for summer" or "flowers are for spring". With this project, I'm trying to demonstrate that cheerful patterns may work on winter clothes. I just used textile paint to update this skirt. What do you guys think?

And finally here's the first video I recorded, my hated 4 cameras video: I had to try 4 different cameras until I found The One, so I ended up exhausted. Hope you guys forgive me for the poor quality of the image in some parts of the video. Next ones will be better!

REMEMBER THAT ENGLISH SUBTITLES ARE AVAILABLE
(I'll be doing a video in english soon)
Want more inspiration?
Check out the work of the artist Takashi Murakami. You might have heard about him because he was the one who colored Louis Vuitton's  signature monogram.
As always, hope you guys liked it!
xxx
Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. I love that skirt! Bright colours and something new between my dark blue and black fall clothes... ;)
    lg, lici

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...